What is outpatient surgery?
Outpatient surgery is surgery that does not require an overnight hospital stay. Pre-operative treatment, surgery, and postoperative recovery all take place on the same day. Outpatient surgery is simple and allows patients to return home on the same day as the procedure if there are no complications during surgery and recovery.
Surgical advances have allowed outpatient surgery to be commonly practiced in advanced countries like the USA. It also helps keep hospital costs down avoids wasting patient time with unnecessary hospitalization.
Examples) Cataract surgery tooth extraction cosmetic surgery etc.
Advantages of outpatient surgery
- Advantages of outpatient surgery
- Patient satisfaction
- Saving time
- Reduced waiting times
- Reducing medical fees
- Reduced hospitalization-induced psychological stress
- Fewer hospital-acquired infections
- 01Visit on your confirmed appointment day
- 02Preoperative preparation