Information of Cosmetic Surgery V.A.T Refund
This medical institution is registered as a medical institution which intends to attract foreign patients with the Minister of Health and Welfare in accordance with Article 27-2(1) of MEDICAL SERVICE ACT. Therefore, foreign patients may receive a V.A.T refund on their cosmetic surgery expenses.
V.A.T Refund Items
- Double Eye-lid, Rhinoplasty, Breast Surgery(reduction/augmentation), Liposuction, Face Lift, Facial bone contouring, Teeth Whitening, Laminate, Gingivoplasty, Orthognathic surgery
- Nevus pigmentosus, Freckles, Lentigo, Chloasma, Pimple, Hair removal, Hair loss, Hair transplantation, Tattoo, Tattoo removal, Piercing, Lipolysis, Skin regeneration, Skin Whitening, Anti-aging, Pore tightening
Issue of “Certificate of selling medical service for overseas patient” after medical treatment
Submit a “Certificate of selling medical service for overseas patient” at refund point(airport, port, downtown)
You may submit the “Certificate of selling medical service for overseas patient” issued after treatment to the operator of a refund point by any of the methods shown below.
① Refund at airport(port) of departure
- Airport(port) with refund point in the bonded zone : Submit to refund counter or KIOSK
- Airport(port) with no refund counter(Muan·Yangyang·Daegu airport and Pyeongtaek·Jeju port, etc.): Put the certificate of selling medical service for overseas patient into mailbox next to customs with Consent to collection, usage and disclosure of personal information
- ② Downtown refund(Total medical expenses less than 2 mil. won: Submit the certificate of selling medical service for overseas patient and Consent to collection, usage and disclosure of personal information. In such case, refund counter operator may request a guarantee
VAT refunds are valid only if the Certificate is submitted at one of the tax refund locations and depart the Republic of Korea within 3 months of receiving medical treatment.